The Finn Valley Centre enriching sporting, social and cultural life of local population and community beyond.
The Finn Valley Centre Stranorlar
has developed from the Finn Valley Athletic Club which was founded in 1971 to cater for the athletic needs of athletes in the area.
Starting out with humble beginnings, training at the nearby GAA field, before purchasing a disused factory on the current site, the club has taken gigantic steps to where it finds itself today.
Since then it has made its mark in the athletics world and has entered a highly competitive arena, catering for the needs of the local community.
The club has carefully straddled the tightrope between athletic activity and nurturing the ongoing development.
For years its personnel displayed great enthusiasm and energy converting teamwork and hard graft into success at all levels.
It is in this spirit that it is no accident that the facility that exists today has come to fruition.
Finn Valley A.C. has developed further to incorporate the Finn Valley Centre a community space used by many groups for a variety of activities and functions.
The current facility boasts a 35m indoor multi-purpose hall, two football pitches, two rugby pitches, four astro turf pitches, a warm up area, four changing rooms, a social area, an ensuite accommodation/office block, a 1500m jogging trail, a 400m synthetic track, and a range of meeting/function rooms and state of the art catering facilities.
This development has created a space whereby groups can, and do avail of a range of activities such as children’s birthday parties with a large bouncing castle provided, gymnastics, walking & jogging groups, private functions, dance classes and training facilities suitable for small to large group numbers.
With the recent opening of the new and spacious Edenmore Suite and boardroom to add to the Barnes Room, the centre is now in a position to offer conference facilities for up to 250 people with a catering service provided onsite.
The Finn Valley Centre, had a large scale project completed in 2013 which has also added to the range of activities available in the area.
This state of the art Leisure Centre comprises of a 25.5 metre pool with a constant temperature of 28.5 degrees and a training pool maintained at 30.5 degrees, a sauna and steam room and Jacuzzi.
The centre also provides a hydro pool facility which is an excellent way to treat injury and a fully fitted gym and aerobics room as well as a highly qualified staff compliment who provide a large range of dry/wet classes as well a more specialised boot camps and one to one advice.
Finn Valley Centre Service Statement Vision
- To enrich sporting, social and cultural life of local population and community beyond.
- To provide effective opportunities for people to take part in sport and recreation and improve fitness or performance to whatever level desired.
- Provide & manage first class accessible facilities and services for all.
- Provide welcoming, safe sporting and multi-use environments.
- Maximise opportunities for fulfilling sporting experiences, both recreational and competitive.
- Emphasise Customer Care and all its components i.e. friendliness, professionalism, providing clean and safe facilities, maintenance, monitoring of clients, service development and review.
- Work with local and national agencies to deliver local and national sports policies and events, various non-sporting events.
- Clubs provision
- A varied recreation programme for all user groups and individuals
- Structured classes i.e. Gymnastics, soccer
- Walking Groups
- Schools activity
- Halloween camps
- Summer camps
- Easter camps
- Finn Valley needs provision
- Personal fitness instruction
- Community use (Sports and Social activities)
- National and local Cultural and Sports Events
- Non-sporting activity i.e. Concerts / Conferences
- Sports Development